Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Starbucks Here I Come!

Sun-Sentinel: Coffee may help prevent liver cancer

Finally, one vice helps me prevent the effects of the other! It's like one of those logic problems we used to get in law school. You know: Coffee prevents liver disease. Liver disease is caused by drinking. Therefore, coffee causes drinking. Ok - that didn't come out as logical sounding on paper as it was in my head. But you get the idea.

Here's my plan: increase caffeine intake by three to four cups a day. (Note to self: check with Ben to make sure he doesn't mind fixing additional carafe.) I figure, if I drink about a gallon of java a day, I can justify the fifth of vodka. And no liver worries, mate! This is great news!

Alright - time for another cuppa joe. Or is it time for a screwdriver...? I get confused. Maybe I should just add vodka to my coffee....yeah, that's the ticket!

No comments: