Friday, February 18, 2005

And This One's For Jazzy...

U2's Bono Nominated For Nobel Peace Prize

Click if you want Peace On Earth too!


Bono - the activist pacifist. Posted by Hello

In 1960, in a little town called Dublin, a star was born. Ok - that was a totally lame opener and so not worthy of Paul Hewson (a/k/a Bono). You should really read somewhere else for a decent Bonography. My point is simple: The dude kicks ass. The band kicks ass. When I uploaded my entire CD collection to my new MP3 player, I was amazed and pleased to find that I own more U2 albums than anything other band's. I have something like 16 albums (a couple of them courtesy of the afore-mentioned Jazzy).

So Bono, congratulations on the nomination. I hope you win! You have been an inspiration to me for over 20 years and nothing would please me more than the affirmation that someone I listened to intently was actually saying (and doing) something worthwhile the entire time. It makes me glad I cut my hair like yours in the late 80's.

You go, Bono!

Go ahead, Jimmy. Cry for joy. I know you want to.

Luv,
Danny Parker

P.S. Jimmy - if you click here you will get a bonus treat!

1 comment:

BenJoBubble said...

Ahhhhh, the power of cheese.... ;o)