Anyway, we've spent some time [i.e. the unannounced 3 week hiatus ... um, well, that's part of the reason ...] gathering our observations from that trip and we will now share them with you on a day-by-day breakdown. Without further ado, and without apology, here's the first installment of "Observations From Philly/Willy Trip":
DAY ONE - THURSDAY
Wake up early to pack. Flight leaving at 10 a.m. Have to be at airport two hours early as I think I'm still on the "No Fly" list so must allow extra time for usual strip search. Speaking of which - change panties to granny style. Save thongs for later. Haitian cabbie almost broadsides a bus turning into the airport. Not a great beginning to the trip.
- Number of velour track suits seen at Fort Lauderdale airport: 12
- Number of actual track athletes seen at airport: 0
- Number of pre-flight cocktails: 0 [Shocking, I know, but true.]
- Number of in-flight cocktails: .... Um ... 3, no 4?
- Number of in-flight cocktails actually purchased from flight attendant: 0 [Yes - I said "zero."]
- Number of times I laughed at Dave Chappelle's stand-up on my video iPod during the flight: 59
- Number of times random strangers compared me to Halle Berry: 2 [Will it never end?]
- Funniest comment heard: The Cap'n trying to convince Jazzy to join us at the Alumni Reception on Monday: "Yeah - but they'll have free food and booze!" Spoken like a true non-lawyer. Way to break it down to the basics, Cap'n! And it almost worked. Gotta love him!
- Number of times I wondered whether attending the Reception was actually a good idea: 2
- Number of times self-doubt soothed by sip of scotch: Um ... at least 2
- Highlight of the day: Loyal Reader, The Boz, walking into Kid Shelleen's.
"Y'all beat out the Hotel DuPont?" I challenge the front desk clerk with all due skepticism (and scotch-laced breath).
"Well, for cleanliness, yeah," he replies proudly.
Interesting. Doubtful, to be sure, but interesting nonetheless. We place the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door and hit the hay.
And, that's all
Tags: Sassy Travels