Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Christmas Card Calamity

So, apparently, people don't send Christmas cards anymore. And that's fine by me.

Seriously - it's four days 'til Christmas and I count 6 cards on our table. [Thanks to the Cap'n's parents, Ed, Jules, Debbie, Barb, and the fine folks from our fave Chinese take-out, who also sent us a lovely calendar featuring photos of (possibly underaged) girls.] Did we receive more cards last year? Sure. Does the decline in deliveries depress us? Um ... to be honest ... no.

I mean, while I enjoy receiving seasons greetings, I'm always at a loss as to what to do with the cards after the holidays: Do I save them all? Or do I only save the ones I like? Do I have to send reciprocal cards next year? Or can I pretend the postman lost certain ones? And then there's the cards that are actually family photos ... Hmmm ... I most certainly will go to hell if I use those as kindling on bonfire night, right? It's such a Christmas conundrum.

Well, in case you're wondering, you won't be getting a card from us this year. I could come up with a zillion excuses like lack of time or lack of money, but the truth is it's just lack of motivation. I mean, y'all know we love you and think about you all the time, right? So there's really no point slapping a stamp on a store-bought salutation, right? But hey - if it will make you feel better, here:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
From all of us here at Sassy Travels


No comments: