Wednesday, September 24, 2003

One Day, The Imps Were Out

An Short Imp Story
by Sassy Imp

I have these Imps in my head. There's a whole slew of them: Imp Pulsive; Imp Plausible; Imp Possible; Imp Pervious; Imp Perious; Imp Pede (and his cousin, Imp Pediment); Imp Plode; Imp Partial; Imp Penetrable; Imp Potent; Imp Portant; Imp Passive; Imp Passioned (she's a foreigner and her spelling isn't so good); Imp Pressed.

Sometimes they amuse me. Most of the time, though, they are a rowdy bunch and get on my nerves. They make me drink vodka cocktails.

Anyway, one day, the Imps were out.

"Don't you ever get tired of him missing his wife?" sniped Imp Perious.

Imp Possible: "Yeah! What's up with that?"

"Oddly no," replied Imp Passive. Imp Penetrable nodded in agreement. Imp Passioned wiped the mist from her eyes.

"Ha!" Imp Perious snorted. "You're a fool for love!"

"Yes, I am," said Imp Passive. And calmly and slowly walked away.


No comments: